Wednesday 7 May 2014

Weekly Top 10: Favourite Star wars characters (In general)

I realise this is really late but I just forgot OK. Anyway this weeks Top 10 is continuing with the star wars theme (as you can tell I'm a massive fan). When I mean favourite character In general I mean that they are not necessarily Jedi or Sith. It is also best to note that since my last star wars top 10 my opinions of certain characters have changed.

10) Han Solo
Solo was instantly one of the fan favourites and was the role which started off Harrison Fords movie career. Other than Piloting this guy has no special skills, but still manages to kick Imperial ass when it is needed. #Hanshotfirst ...Kidding I don't do Hash tags.

9) Darth Vader
I would be willing to bet that Vader is the most recognisable character out their, if not maybe top 10. As badass as Vader is I have to question something, Why is he refereed to as the dark lord of the Sith? Is that title not applied to the master, therefore Sidious. I am also convinced that he would have made a good father if Luke had gone with him willingly.

8) Mara- Jade
The wife to Luke Skywalker, Mara-Jade was originally an imperial agent but after meeting luke would go on to be an esteemed Jedi. I really hope that the rumors are not true, I want Mara-Jade to be in the New Star wars films, they could have been creative and worked the new films around the expanded universe while not using some EU story, you don't just discard the expanded universe ok, that's how you get fanbases angry.

7) Mace Windu
It's hard to get more badass than Master Windu over here. He was the greatest duelist during the clone wars era and his force abilities were not half bad either. He also looked at the seventh form of lightsaber combat, juyo and said I can do better, so he just made his own making up for several of juyos flaws.

6) Darth Maul
Maul is able to take on two of the Jedi Orders greatest duelists (granted one was still of padawan rank) and kill one with some ease, It was only his cockiness that made him lose, without it the Star wars Universe will be very different. Saberstaffs are also My weopon of choice for its incresed defence and option for powerful swings of the lightsaber.

5) Boba Fett
Another Instant fan favourite although when you think back he didn't do much in the movies but be knocked into the sarlaac. I wouldn't really say that either him or his dad convey the general feel of mandalorions but they have their own nice spin to it which makes them nothing but likeable.

4) Obi-Wan Kenobi
Out of the all the Jedi before the Jedi purge (Order 66) Kenobi did the most to take down the sith and C.I.S. He defeated Maul, Grevious and a young Vader which were all master duelists, not to mention he is basically the epiphany of what the Jedi believe in, it is his second nature to act as a Jedi should, under pressure Anakin gets angry, when Kenpbi was losing to maul he focused and won the day.

3) Galen Marek
Just when you though Starkiller was badass enough with his reverse grip, turns out his greatest strength wasn't his combat prowesss but instead it was the force, I mean come on he pulled a star destroyer to the ground while it was in mid flight, not to mention he was put to a standstill against the emporers lightning.

2) Luke Skywalker
Another amazing force user, Luke can't pull a star destroyer out of the sky but he can destro entire armies on his lonesome. As I have mentioned before Luke has very little Jedi training compared to most yet he is able to take down one of the strongest sith lords ether known with not much struggle when he actually attempted to win.

1) Darth Malgus
Now recently I have gotten really into playing the Old republic and the trailers exhibit Malgus' amazing strength. From a acolyte he was taking down Jedi masters and continued to wreap chavok across the galactic republic. What I like about his fighting style aswell is that He clearly uses the strong blows of Shien which would ussually lack mobility but Malgus seems to somehow still be very agile while using it making up for his major weakness.

Seeya soon
Almighty PSYduck o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment